So what do we all look for in a charm bracelet? Charm bracelets are a wonderful and an easy way to express your love and gratitude to another person. Charm bracelets are made up of various materials, from gold to silver to platinum. However, no matter what material is used, charm bracelets will still look beautiful. They are and should be treated as treasured pieces. Some families even have a tradition where they pass down charm bracelets from mother to daughter to grand daughter. If you are looking for the best silver charms, make sure to visit Blooming Charms website for the best charms collection!
Fun Facts About Charm Bracelets
- Twine bracelets which had small shells hanging from them had been found in Africa which are at least 75,000 years old.
- European bracelets with ivory charms had been found which are as old as 30,000 years.
- Charm bracelets in the olden times were worn for spiritual reasons. They were worn to bring luck and drive away the devil and evil. Nowadays, however, they are obviously worn for aesthetic reasons.
- Modern bracelets made of the best silver charms and a silver or gold chain-link originated during the Victorian era. Queen Victoria was known to own many charm bracelets.
- During the World War 2, soldiers used to send back trinkets and charms to their mothers, wives and daughters.
- The Latin word from which the word bracelet was derived is called ‘brachiale’. It means belonging to the arm.
- The most expensive charm bracelet was sold for 4.5 million in an auction in 2010. It was a Cartier designed onyx and diamond panther bracelet.
- Charm bracelets encourage a connection since many charm bracelets are passed down in the family.
Blooming Charms creates and has a range of personalised handmade silver jewellery ideas. The best part is that most of them are quite affordable.